Analytics Specialist, Retail Marketing Strategy & Operations
As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of clients accomplish their financial goals. Vanguard crew are driven to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. We are currently seeking an Analytics Specialist to inform and educate Vanguard about clients and prospects through descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytic insights.The ideal candidate is a resourceful, bright professional with a fresh perspective who also shares Vanguard’s view on our products, the markets, and the economy. You should be comfortable collaborating with leaders and peers across the company about investment, industry, and regulatory issues. As an Analytics Specialist, you’ll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you’ll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion.
- Executes analytic projects to provide insight into client needs and behavior, supporting marketing and client servicing decisions.
- Engages with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand each business question. Probes for hidden questions and goals. Helps bring structure to each request and translate requirements into an analytic approach.
- Acquires structured and unstructured data and prepares it for analysis. Investigates, extracts, cleans, transforms, QCs and manages data using SQL and Base SAS programming techniques. Identifies and diagnoses data inconsistencies and errors and forages to fill data gaps.
- Analyzes data to describe client behavior and preferences, understand channel usage, diagnose client experience problems, size marketing opportunity, target clients for treatment and measure the impact of marketing and servicing initiatives. Utilizes appropriate analytic methods and specialized tools to generate insights, answer the business questions and fulfill project objectives.
- Prepares and delivers insight presentations and action recommendations. Communicates complex material in layman’s terms. Guides business partners on the interpretation and use of analytic results.
- Administers model score, experimental data and documentation libraries.
- Develops and applies domain knowledge of Vanguard’s businesses and data.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied social science. Academic training in applied statistics preferred.
- A minimum of three years general experience and three years of relevant professional experience in analytical roles.
- Knowledge of financial services and marketing.
- Able to take disparate data and understand it, process it, extract value from it, visualize it and communicate it.
- SAS and SQL programming skills. Understanding of data structures.
- Logical problem solving skills.
- Experience gathering requirements, developing analytic approaches, and applying quantitative methods to harvest insights.
- Industry experience applying statistical techniques (modeling, regression methods, decision trees, forecasting, clustering, time series).
- Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to communicate complex concepts and analysis to a variety of audience knowledge levels. Data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top