Vanguard’s story is one of the most extraordinary ones in the mutual fund business. From its start in 1975 as a bold new experiment, Vanguard has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most trusted fund firms. We take pride in having helped millions of clients to accomplish their financial objectives. The company, headquartered outside Philadelphia in Malvern, Pa., is also much admired for its strong culture and the impact that the Vanguard crew have on the communities where they live and work. Within this setting, Vanguard is seeking an Analytics Specialist to inform and educate business leaders about clients and prospects through descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytic insights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes analytic projects to provide insight into client needs and behavior, supporting marketing and client servicing decisions.
- Engages with project sponsors and stakeholders to understand each business question. Probes for hidden questions and goals. Helps bring structure to each request and translate requirements into an analytic approach.
- Acquires structured and unstructured data and prepares it for analysis. Investigates, extracts, cleans, transforms, QCs and manages data using SQL and Base SAS programming techniques. Identifies and diagnoses data inconsistencies and errors and forages to fill data gaps.
- Analyzes data to describe client behavior and preferences, understand channel usage, diagnose client experience problems, size marketing opportunity, target clients for treatment and measure the impact of marketing and servicing initiatives. Utilizes appropriate analytic methods and specialized tools to generate insights, answer the business questions and fulfill project objectives.
- Prepares and delivers insight presentations and action recommendations. Communicates complex material in layman’s terms. Guides business partners on the interpretation and use of analytic results.
- Administers model score, experimental data and documentation libraries.
- Develops and applies domain knowledge of Vanguard’s businesses and data.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied social science. Academic training in applied statistics preferred.
- A minimum of three years general experience and three years of relevant professional experience in analytical roles.
- Knowledge of financial services and marketing.
- Able to take disparate data and understand it, process it, extract value from it, visualize it and communicate it.
- SAS and SQL programming skills. Understanding of data structures.
- Logical problem solving skills.
- Experience gathering requirements, developing analytic approaches, and applying quantitative methods to harvest insights.
- Industry experience applying statistical techniques (modeling, regression methods, decision trees, forecasting, clustering, time series).
- Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Able to communicate complex concepts and analysis to a variety of audience knowledge levels. Data visualization and storytelling skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top