Analytics & Reporting Manager
To manage the team of Analysts and Strategic Data Reporters that produce the business intelligence that supports business decisions and strategy development, and oversee/manage the portfolio of strategic data projects ongoing across the FAS's Mutual Fund Administration (MFA) department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop crew. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
Evolves and gains alignment around the MFA business intelligence vision and strategy, as well as the scope and objectives for the strategic data projects.
Provides day-to-day management of Analysts and Strategic Data Reporters to ultimately produce analytic outputs/insights that drive significant business value through informing important business decisions and the development of operational efficiencies, quality improvements, and enhancements to FAS client's operational experience.
Oversees the successful completion of the portfolio of strategic data projects, and as appropriate provides project management and/or subject matter expertise throughout the projects
Works with all levels of MFA leaders and crew to determine data and insights needs, and integrates these 'data consumer' needs into the business intelligence vision and strategy. Initiates and manages data projects that are well-planned and smoothly executed.
Collaborates with the Data Governance and Quality team to identify opportunities to continually evolve the governance and quality of the MFA data sets, manages the team of Analysts and Data Reporters to adhere to the data governance policies and processes, and oversee 3rd party data implementation and integration efforts.
Works with the Client Insight and Enterprise teams to adopt best practices around Master Data Management and apply those rigors to the MFA Data. Represents MFA data-related interests in corporate or cross-divisional initiatives. Controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget, and benefit measurement.
Support the execution of business change management and communication plans, or ensures integration of these activities with other major programs as appropriate. Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (sponsor, division meetings, FAS Big Rock Programs, etc.)
Establishes intake and workflow processes - with associated metrics (i.e. business dashboards) - to evaluate progress on teams' effectiveness, quality control and throughput.
Assists with business planning, budgetary planning, and the development of strategic business initiatives.
- Participates in/manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general business experience, with experience in data management, advanced analytics, data reporting and/or similar role preferred.
- Strong understanding of business intelligence/reporting and other related data technologies to meet business needs.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to complex client situations.
- Proven leadership and decision making skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication and meeting facilitation skills.
- Good business judgment and ability to quickly prioritize critical initiatives.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within Vanguard.
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top