Analytics Engagement Leader
To lead analytics and insights engagements in support marketing and business efforts to deepen the understanding of Vanguard clients and investors. To deliver comprehensive, holistic, and actionable insights to leaders, including consulting on implementation and ongoing support needs, resources, and constraints.
As an engagement leader you are the key to linking our technical experimentation and machine learning practice to business strategy and results. You will spend your time with our partner business organizations understanding their goals and priorities and their operating processes aligning our experimentation and machine learning practice with their needs. By bringing both deep understanding of the business needs and our technical practice you are uniquely qualified to become an invaluable resource to our business partners and our data science teams.
You will work with your peers to define and help execute analytics strategies by defining a set of deliverables that will progress the business's and our client's goals. You will work on the most impactful business problems to framing them and providing the context and support necessary for the data science teams to develop high-impact solutions. You will use your deep knowledge of their operating model to assist the business in executing the recommendation and measuring the results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages divisional and marketing business consulting engagements to deliver impactful solutions based on analytics and market research capabilities in the Center for Analytics and Insights (CAI). Leads project planning and cross-collaboration with subject matter experts throughout the CAI.
- Partners with the Advanced Analytics team, the Market Research team, and business partners to proactively define business problems, develop analytics and research approaches, and deliver impactful solutions and recommendations. Injects strategic thinking and problem solving in projects. Communicates and presents recommendations to business leaders to generate buy-in and prepare for implementation.
- Builds expertise in data, advanced analytics, and market research to develop effective project plans that integrate capabilities the CAI offers to deliver insights and solutions. Coordinates efforts across the CAI teams to meet project timelines. Helps business partners understand analytics and research approaches and results, interprets business impacts. Helps the CAI analytics and research teams understand business priorities and context to create meaningful and relevant solutions to business problems.
- Develops deep partnerships with business partners and internal clients. Builds strong business acumen. Provides consultation as required related to insights of Vanguard clients (such as 360 degree view), market segmentation and trends, and competitive environment to support businesses to develop long-term strategic goals and plans.
- Assists divisional and marketing leaders to improve use of advanced analytics. Connects leaders with resources and training. Collaborates across IT, CAI, MTO, and other resources as necessary to optimize working teams for delivery.
- Stays current on advanced analytics, data science, big data, artificial intelligence, business intelligence tools and techniques. Becomes deeply familiar with Vanguard's strategic goals, business strategies and capabilities in digital, marketing, and technology.
- Participates and/or leads projects and performs other activities as assigned to contribute to the development of the CAI and its strategic goals.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years progressive experience
- Experience in client service and consultation.
- Experience in scoping and shaping project engagements.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Excellent consultative, relationship management and facilitation skills.
- Superb problem solving skills; logical and analytical thinker.
- Strong executive presence.
- Experience working closely with senior leadership.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top