To work with Business and IT on finding out whether specific ideas or problems could be addressed using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, and to conduct experiments and Proofs of Concept for such opportunities. Will collaborate with other AI Engineers, IT Developers, and Data Scientists through implementation of models, including helping with design of such solutions. The successful candidate will join CTO office that researches new trends and technologies with potential business benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various Business and IT teams on detailing ideas and problems that could be solved with Machine Learning.
- Develop high-level understanding of selected Business areas and related internal and external data available at Vanguard.
- Prototype Machine Learning solutions to determine whether selected Business or IT opportunities could be addressed with AI/ML.
- Participate in piloting solutions based on Machine Learning approaches, guiding and advising teams through model development and implementation lifecycle.
- Be aware of latest Artificial Intelligence trends, including new frameworks, algorithms, tools, platforms, cloud offerings, approaches, business applicability areas, and propose which ones should be considered at Vanguard.
- Collaborate with other AI Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts on proper use of Machine Learning algorithms, tools, and frameworks.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science or Data Science with specialty in Artificial Intelligence, or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Minimum two years of experience in industry, policy, or academic research or related disciplines or work.
- Must be fluent in Python, some experience with several other important languages used in Machine Learning and Analytics, such as R, Java, Scala required.
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and approaches used in practical applications of Machine Learning, including, but not limited to, various variants of Artificial Neural Networks and other algorithms.
- Experience with several popular Machine Learning frameworks primarily TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK.
- Experience in using Machine Learning / Deep Learning in the Cloud (in addition to desktop / server environments) is a plus.
- Familiarity with various AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning cloud offerings from at least some of prime vendors, including Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM.
- Some experience with Big Data approaches and frameworks like Spark and related libraries is a plus.
- Experience with data preparation for Analytics and ML algorithms.
- Solid problem solving skills and a good team player.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- A great team player.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top