Adviser Education Specialist - Intermediary Channel
- Melbourne, Australia
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $5 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients.
Our Team & Opportunity
Vanguard Australia is establishing a new specialist Adviser Offer team within the intermediary distribution channel. The role of the team will be to support Vanguard Sales Executives to broaden the Vanguard value proposition to the adviser community. With our strong brand and reputation, industry knowledge and insights Vanguard is looking to support advisers with access to specialist support to help become a valued business partner.
The implementation of the Adviser Offer team is testament of our desire to help the advice industry. We believe a key differentiator for Vanguard in the industry is our thought leadership, research and insights. Core to this belief is our well established global Investment Strategy Group that allows our teams to provide our clients with comprehensive insight into macro events, economic forecasts and research as well as portfolio construction.
As part of this specialist proposition we are now looking to bring on board an Adviser Education Specialist. The purpose of this role will be to represent the Investment Strategy Group's research and insights across our clients in the intermediary market.
Core accountabilities of the role
- Be the intermediary distribution team expert on all content produced by the Investment Strategy Group. The content includes Vanguard products, portfolio construction and economic theory as well as relevant industry research on investor attitudes and behaviour.
- Integral to the role will be to support the Sales Executives as they position Vanguard's research capabilities via various coordinated events and contact
- Partner closely with the Investment Strategy Group to ensure a deep understanding of all thought leadership and research
- Work with internal partners to enhance current presentations and develop new content
- Be the subject matter expert on a range of Investment Strategy Group topics to support marketing and communication initiatives including but not limited to recording videos or participating in podcasts.
Key role requirements
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA and/or professional designations (CIMA, CFP, CFA) preferred
- Significant experience developed within financial services industry, preferably with professional advisers in some capacity
- An understanding of economic theory, portfolio construction and the impacts of behavioural finance
- The specialist role is a national role and there will be an expectation to travel when necessary.
In addition to the above we are looking for someone who is capable and comfortable proactively building and developing their network both internally and externally. You will possess naturally strong presentation skills formed across in different forums including meetings, workshops and through online platforms. Given the specialist nature of the role we are looking for someone looking to develop and exercise their leadership skills by serving as a mentor, role model, and technical exert for our intermediary distribution crew.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Where to from here?
If you would like to discuss further please contact Richard Maher from our Talent Acquisition team on Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org .
Back to top