Advertising Support Manager
Vanguard's Advertising and Brand team is expanding its capabilities to better define and tell Vanguard's story in new ways. These new roles will help to develop external advertising campaigns that will better connect Vanguard's mission to investor needs. This team is conducting a search for an Advertising Support Manager. The Advertising Support Manager will lead campaign plans while applying functional expertise to drive results for business area(s). They will lead and develop the team responsible for providing advertising campaign management and operations to enterprise marketing teams, including: multi-channel media strategy, planning and buying; production management. It is an exciting time to be at Vanguard as we have a compelling story to tell and an opportunity, in a crowded market, to connect with clients and prospects by putting their interest first!
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of specialists in media execution, digital advertising, search engine marketing, measurement and production of enterprise-wide advertising development, execution, and monitoring.
- Lead marketing programs, initiatives, promotions or research projects.
- Drive the creation of marketing plans by translating business objectives into defined marketing goals, strategies, and tactics. Aligns marketing activity with deep understanding of sales strategy and targeted market.
- Provide guidance and consultation on marketing best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Directs marketing plans well-informed by the competitive landscape and suited for the regulatory environment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert to ensure the right solution is developed for various partners. Collaborate across various marketing teams for the right solutions. Proactively communicate status and issues of marketing activity regularly to stakeholders, including sales professionals, business leaders, team members, and senior managers.
- Build and maintains effective relationships. Proactively foster communication between internal department and external department's stakeholders. Influences key decisions across stakeholder groups. Manage the relationship with advertising agencies. Includes oversight of ad agency resource management, facilitating and negotiating the SOW contracts and business information sharing with agencies as appropriate.
- Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks on marketing activities. Communicate solutions on key issues on marketing activity to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
- Communicate status and issues of marketing activity regularly to stakeholders, including leaders, team members, and senior managers.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the Brand space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it Takes:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years related work experience, with specialized knowledge in media planning and agency/client relationships.
- Ability to develop and manage crew.
- Proven experience in managing client and/or external relationships.
- Excellent client and project-management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to motivate others, foster teamwork, and collaborate.
- Ability to handle complex situations and interact with all levels of personnel within the Vanguard organization.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the Vanguard brand and how it is positioned in the market
- This job may require a regulatory license and/or registration (e.g. FINRA, state, SFC). These will be determined by Compliance based on role-specific duties.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top