Advanced Analytics Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice seeks an Advanced Analytics Manager for their Center for Analytics and Insights. Vanguard is based on a simple but revolutionary idea-that a mutual fund company should be managed in the sole interest of its investors. To ensure that the interests of investors always come first, Vanguard is owned by the Vanguard funds, which in turn are owned by the investors. We’re still the only company structured this way. Today, we state our mission broadly: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
The Center for Analytics and Insights
The Center for Analytics and Insights (CAI) at Vanguard is established as an enterprise center of excellence for advanced analytics and market research, to transform how data, analytics and insights are used to support strategic decisions and serve Vanguard’s clients. The CAI’s mission is to apply innovative analytical and research approaches to help Vanguard tackle complex and strategically important problems facing Vanguard’s businesses and clients; to become a hub for deep client insights; and to support, enable the entire organization to continuously develop new capabilities and solutions along the data analytics maturity curve. The CAI hosts a team of highly talented, cross-disciplinary individuals including data scientists, advanced data analysts, data engineers, consultants and market researchers who work closely together in a dynamic environment to partner with leaders across Vanguard’s Retail, Institutional, Intermediary and International businesses to drive innovation and transformation.
Advanced Analytics Manager
To manage the quantitative analytics team within the Center for Analytics and Insights, driving analytic innovation to help the business better serve clients, deepen client relationships, attract new clients and continuously improve Vanguard’s service and marketing performance. To consult with leaders across the organization, advocating on analytic opportunities and applications to guide client treatment decisions and inform business strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads and manages the analytic, engagement strategist and data engineer staff within the Center for Analytics and Insights. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures when required. Fosters a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development. Mentors and grows new analytic talent at Vanguard.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve CAI departmental objectives. Works with senior management in planning, developing, and executing short and long range goals. Participates in development of the department budget. Reviews expenses and ensures unit operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Engages with leaders, project sponsors and stakeholders to understand their client servicing and marketing initiatives. Identifies and educates on where and how analytics can provide the best client insights and add the most value.
- Leads the analytics team in conducting projects to provide insight into client needs and behavior, identify clients with growth opportunity, segment clients for targeted treatment, and create service and product propensity indictors and scores, Engages in thoughtful analytic design to ensure relevant findings, and serves as a mentor to the team in this capacity. Ensures application of quality controls throughout projects.
- Drives creative and innovative analytic applications and results. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities. Leads team as the center of excellence for analytics across Vanguard.
- Guides business partners on the interpretation, implications and use of analytic results. Prepares and delivers presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Builds deep expertise in Vanguard’s data and external data. Consults on this knowledge and applies it to complex analytic projects. Identifies data and analytic tool gaps by working with other CAI teams, business partners and IT, and recommends corrective action.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and to increase team effectiveness. Leads initiatives to achieve the improvements.
- Undergraduate degree in analytics, economics, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of relevant industry work experience in applied quantitative functions. Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record leading the development and delivery of creative, advanced, actionable analytic products and services
- Experience managing consulting engagements to understand business problems/opportunities, translating needs into analytic projects and applying results
- Domain experience in marketing, sales and customer relationship analytics
- Command of analytic methods, tools and data wrangling techniques
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top