Administrative Assistant - U.S. Regulatory and Congressional Affairs - Washington, DC
Expand your career horizons
Vanguard's Government Relations division is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support U.S. regulatory and congressional affairs in Washington, DC. Government Relations manages the public policy agenda and maintains strong, strategic relationships with federal and state regulators and agencies, Members of Congress and their staff, Vanguard's business leaders, and trade associations. This position is an excellent growth opportunity for someone with best in class administrative support, organizational, and relationship skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who has an interest in public policy, law and regulation. The position is based in downtown Washington, DC, and is convenient to Metrorail and public transportation.
In this role, you will
- Organize meetings with senior executives and policymakers.
- Craft meeting agendas and presentation materials for external and internal audiences.
- Support visitors and guests including policymakers, trade associations, and Vanguard leaders.
- Manage internal website and SharePoint content.
How you'll spend your day
- Answer department phones and respond to internal and external calls. Evaluate requests, identify issues and resolve. Provide suggestions and direction in routine situations.
- Schedule and organize meetings from identifying a room location to notifying all appropriate parties. Make travel arrangements using the corporate travel department resources.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, reports, minute meetings, presentations, and other materials for the business unit. Assignments may include establishing, maintaining and updating performance appraisals and appraisal templates for the department.
- Order and inventory department office supplies as needed. May be responsible for ensuring cost effective inventory levels are maintained for common department materials. Monitor expenditures.
- Establish and maintain files for the business unit. File all materials in an accurate and timely manner to ensure easy access and retrieval by department personnel.
What it takes
- H.S. diploma or GED. Undergraduate (Associates degree or Secretarial School) degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years secretarial experience supporting a medium to large size department. Corporate secretarial experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work overtime.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top