Administrative Assistant - U.S. Regulatory and Congressional Affairs - Washington, DC
Vanguard's Government Relations division is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support U.S. regulatory and congressional affairs in Washington, DC. Government Relations manages the public policy agenda and maintains strong, strategic relationships with federal and state regulators and agencies, Members of Congress and their staff, Vanguard's business leaders, and trade associations.
This position is an excellent growth opportunity for someone with exceptional administrative support, organizational, and relationship skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who has an interest in public policy, law and regulation. The position is based in downtown Washington, DC, and is convenient to Metrorail and public transportation.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Organize meetings with senior executives and policymakers.
• Create meeting agendas and presentation materials for external and internal audiences.
• Onboard new members of the team.
• Collaborate with peers who support senior executives in Vanguard's Malvern, PA offices.
• Support visitors and guests including policymakers, trade associations, and Vanguard leaders.
• Manage internal website and SharePoint content.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and priorities
• Superior analytical and problem solving ability
In this role, you will...
- Answer department phones and respond to internal and external calls. Evaluate requests, identify issues and determine appropriate source for resolution. Provide suggestions and direction in routine situations.
- Schedule meetings for department personnel using scheduling software as applicable. Organize meetings from determining a room location to notifying all appropriate parties. Make travel arrangements using the corporate travel department resources. Maintain calendars including attendance records as requested.
- Prepare memos, correspondence, reports, minute meetings, presentations, and other materials for the business unit. Use a variety of software applications including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Lotus Notes to prepare materials. Assignments may include establishing, maintaining and updating performance appraisals and appraisal templates for the department.
- Order and inventory department office supplies as needed. May be responsible for ensuring cost effective inventory levels are maintained for common department materials. Monitor expenditures.
- Establish and maintain files for the business unit. File all materials in an accurate and timely manner to ensure easy access and retrieval by department personnel.
- Coordinate various events within the business unit such. Coordinate responsibilities including notifying all appropriate employees of the situation, perform preliminary research and follows up as needed to meet established deadlines.
- Greet clients and visitors to the unit assisting them as needed with directions and other help. May be required to guide visitors to a meeting location.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- H.S. diploma or GED. Undergraduate (Associates degree or Secretarial School) degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years secretarial experience supporting a medium to large size department. Corporate secretarial experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation software.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills .
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work overtime.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top