Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies with over four trillion dollars in assets under management. Our core purpose is to take a stand for all investors, treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. We focus on Clients, Crew and the Community in all that we do. We are a recognized employer of choice with best in class benefits. We are currently looking for someone to help assistant our Institutional Division in the role of an Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant role will assist the Principal/Department Head and other Directs in the department with their administrative needs. This includes: creating and maintaining daily calendar, setting up meetings, creating and typing memos, correspondence, reports, and presentations as well as professionally answering calls and handling them in a courteous manner.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate calendar for Principal/Department Head, and other Directs as assigned.
- Answers department phones and responds to internal and external calls. Takes and relays messages. Evaluates requests, identifies issues and determines appropriate source for resolution.
- Schedules meetings for department personnel using scheduling software as applicable. Organizes meetings from determining a room location to notifying all appropriate parties. May be responsible for organizing refreshments if needed. Makes travel arrangements using the corporate travel department resources. Maintains calendars up to and including attendance records as requested.
- Types and/or prepares memos, correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, presentations, and other materials for the business unit. Uses a variety of software applications including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Lotus Notes to prepare materials. Assignments may include establishing, maintaining and updating performance appraisals and appraisal templates for the department. May be required to draft standard business correspondence.
- Orders and inventories department office supplies as needed. May be responsible for ensuring cost effective inventory levels are maintained for common department materials. Prepares purchasing paperwork, checks codes, and obtains appropriate authorization for all orders. Monitors expenditures.
- Establishes and maintains files for the business unit. Files all materials in an accurate and timely manner to ensure easy access and retrieval by department personnel.
- Greets clients and visitors to the unit, assisting them as needed with directions and other help. May be required to guide visitors to a meeting location.
- Uses PowerPoint Templates to produce quality presentation materials that meet Vanguard design standards and client needs.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- An Associate's degree or Secretarial School degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years secretarial experience supporting a medium to large size department. Corporate secretarial experience is preferred.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently (unsupervised) and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Available for overtime.
- High skill level in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
This position requires a person with a strong ability to multitask and the aptitude to switch priorities quickly to assist others in the department when needed.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top