Accounting Policy Specialist
To set global accounting and disclosure policies for the Vanguard Group Inc., its subsidiaries, and the Vanguard Mutual Funds, as applicable, and collaborate with the accounting operations team in the implementation of those policies across entities. Monitor consistent application across entities, ongoing updates, and communication and documentation of accounting policies
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and formally documents accounting policies and business issues, supporting positions taken and, if applicable, identify differences between US GAAP (including SEC and other regulatory reporting regulations), IFRS and IFRS equivalents.
- Communicates conclusions to accountants, management and external auditors.
- Provides subject matter expertise to internal business clients on the application of accounting policies.
- Maintains a central repository for accounting policies.
- Monitors upcoming accounting standards and upcoming financial reporting regulations promulgated by US GAAP (including SEC and other regulatory reporting regulations), IFRS and IFRS equivalents.
- Communicates new standards and rules, and the potential impact on Vanguard, to accountants and management.
- Leads efforts to develop, update and present accounting training courses to accounting staff and management.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of legal and accounting relationships between The Vanguard Group, Inc., its subsidiaries, and the Vanguard Mutual Funds.
- Assist the Heads of Fund and Corporate Accounting Policy in drafting comment letters and preparing for attendance at industry events.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance). CPA, and MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years related experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management as well as various levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top