Access Management and Business Continuity Manager - Finance Risk, Controls, and Governance
Our Divisional Contingency and Access Manager will lead these two critical division-level functions to a new level of evolution and maturity.
We're looking for great talent to help build the Finance Risk, Controls, and Governance (RC&G) team. RC&G is a trusted advisor, committed to the measurable improvement of Finance's overall risk posture. We advise and empower Finance leaders and crew to properly assess and control risk on a day-to-day basis.
The teams within Risk, Controls, and Governance (RC&G) partner with Finance to provide risk, control, and governance insights that allow for informed decision making, the achievement of business value, and the protection of shareholders' interests.
Risk Management Consulting
- Provide risk guidance and assistance to business leaders
Governance and Reporting
- Drive action by providing a holistic view of risks across Finance
- Assist leaders and crew with safeguarding client and company data by managing identity and access
- Ensure business leaders and crew security capabilities to effectively respond, recover and restore operations
- Support business accountability of their critical data by assisting our partners with understanding what their data is, who is using it and how it is being used
Our Divisional Contingency and Access Manager will lead two critical division-level functions to a whole new level of evolution and maturity:
Business Continuity -
- Provide leadership and direction for Finance's Business Continuity Program and to promote the strategic plans for all business teams to assure operational resilience in the event of loss of crew, building, and/or technology, with clarified accountability
- Steward divisional contingency planning process by raising issues to council for informed decision making and providing consulting services and direction to senior management
- Lead divisional business continuity initiatives and projects
- Hold team accountable for maintenance and reporting on business continuity metrics and dashboards
- Establish and maintain remarkable crew and leader awareness of and engagement with the Global Continuity Management Program
Access Management -
- Steward divisional access management process in partnership with Identity Access Management
- Monitor access and security changes across the division
- Lead divisional access and security initiatives and projects
- Maintain and report on access and security metrics
- Education crew on access management concepts and best practices
To lead this mission, we're looking for a ...
- Leader comfortable pushing a high-performing team to new levels of achievement
- Conceptual thinker who can synthesize input from a wide variety of clients and stakeholders
- Relationship manager with a keen focus on value creation for our clients
- Integrator who can align multiple groups and efforts across our decentralized risk community
Candidate should bring ...
- Experience in developing and coaching a talented team of specialists
- Strength in relationship management and communication with leaders across a wide variety of disciplines - consulting experience a plus
- A strong knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and industry standards as it relates to business continuity and access management - Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP), Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP), or progress towards business continuity planning certification preferred.
- Knowledge of GRC systems (Archer / Ballast Point) preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop crew members. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends salary actions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and direction for implementation of Vanguard's Business Contingency and Identity and Access Management programs for the division. Promotes the strategic direction and plans for all business units within the division to ensure business continuity, effective emergency management, and the development of best-in-class access management processes. Raises business continuity and access management issues to the appropriate risk partner/Council and Divisional Senior Management for resolution. Positively influences departments toward meeting contingency and access management business plan objectives. Works with Business Unit Contingency Coordinators and management to assess business unit needs as a basis for the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of business contingency and access management plans.
- Champions adherence to established corporate framework and methodology for completion of contingency plans by business units throughout the division. Acts as internal consultant for business units for completion of contingency plans and testing, and coordinates collection of these plans. Ensures the identification and maintenance of all critical business functions and requirements. Creates and maintains database of contingency-related information. Audits content of contingency plans to ensure compliance with established corporate framework. Provides training, maintenance, and support for approved contingency planning tools.
- Chairs and prepares agenda and minutes for Division Contingency Coordinator meetings. Acts as primary point of contact for Corporate Contingency Services, Business Unit Contingency Coordinators, Facilities, Contingency Council members, and Senior Management during contingency events and exercises. Supports Corporate Contingency Services with the coordination of incident response activities. Provides appropriate coverage in absence of Principal Level Business Contingency Coordinator for the division.
- Coordinates and works closely with leaders in audit, the risk alliance, and other departments about activities to ensure the development of best-in-class access management processes and to ensure the design of effective controls for access that mitigate risk and comply with the various regulatory and control procedures. Uses their experience to persuade and influence division wide decisions related to access management.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve departmental, divisional and corporate contingency and access management objectives. Oversees planning, development and execution of short and long range goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing solutions.
- Analyzes divisional statistics and prepares reports to management, including the Business Contingency and Access Management Dashboard for the division. Provides management with status reports on current projects. Uses available data to monitor progress and measure success.
- Develops effective working relationships with management throughout the company. Effectively communicates strategies and plans to all appropriate parties and ensures that operational changes are communicated in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high level of Vanguard and industry knowledge in order to effectively manage BCP and access management initiatives. Keeps current on access management, business continuity, disaster recovery issues, and related Vanguard policies. Continuously expands knowledge of the investment company business, financial services industry and ongoing business initiatives within the division.
- Demonstrates and promotes cohesiveness and cooperation with internal clients and business partners. Ensures that partner/client problems, questions and concerns are addressed with accuracy and thoroughness within specified time frames. Reviews and resolves complex partner/client disputes so that both parties receive an equitable solution. Determines when it is appropriate to make exceptions to policy and ensures that partners/clients are handled in an ethical and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of quality for all work produced including status reports, presentations, BCP and access documentation and correspondence. Initiates and manages workflow changes. Evaluates operational workflows to increase the effectiveness of business contingency and access management plans and where applicable, leads the implementation of technology-based solutions.
- Leads/participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree or professional designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience, with a preference for three years business contingency or disaster recovery management experience including responsibility for the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of business contingency or disaster recovery plans.
- Experience in operations management, compliance, risk management, or auditing experience from which knowledge of internal control and risk management was obtained, is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of business experience in the Finance division including at least two years of management experience.
- Certification (or progress towards) in business continuity planning helpful.
- Demonstrated experience with PC desktop software, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy and negotiation.
- Demonstrates a high degree of tact, diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Excellent project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top