Acceleration into Financial Professional Program
Learn more about "real-world" finance than any class could teach you.Acceleration into Financial Professional Program (AFP) Vanguard has a long-standing reputation of integrity – we always put client's interests first. A key driver of our brand is our high-performing crew. Vanguard continuously develops industry newcomers who have a passion for finance and a similar client-focused philosophy. One such example of a learning and development opportunity is Vanguard's Acceleration into Financial Professional Program (AFP).If you are a knowledgeable, motivated college senior, who shares our enthusiasm for finance, AFP can further support your career with our well-defined, hands-on program. You'll participate in rotations within Vanguard's Financial Division; whose mission is to serve Vanguard's shareholders and internal businesses, while safeguarding fund and corporate assets. We want the next generation of financial experts to be part of that mission.
About AFP a Vanguard Specialty (VSP) program:
AFP immerses you in all financial operations of a mutual fund company during a one year rotational program. You and your colleagues will learn about managing projects, combating business objective impediments, and using analytical skills for decision making and risk mitigation.
The four rotations that you'll complete are:
- Corporate Financial Services, which prepares Vanguard's financial statements and provides analytical support for business decision-making. Assignments could include business planning, financial modeling for projects and corporate initiatives, and reporting corporate financial performance.
- Fund Financial Services, which provides the middle-office, back-office, and information management support for all of Vanguard's investment products. Assignments could include trade support, corporate actions, proxies, and pricing functions for Vanguard's family of mutual funds.
- Internal Audit, which seeks to safeguard the company by working with clients to manage business risk. Assignments could include SAS 70 auditing, risk-based audits, and risk control consulting with departments and divisions.
- Other business-unit assignment, which offers you experience working with Vanguard clients and the opportunity to gain a broader perspective of Vanguard's core business.
Upon successful completion of the program, you'll be launched into one of the following positions based on your strengths, our business needs, and your long-term professional goals:
- Corporate financial analyst
- Fund analyst
- Project Lead
- Process Specialist
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Several weeks of intensive training on the financial industry and Vanguard's investment philosophy, products, and services.
- Partnerships with Finance Division professionals who are committed to your growth and success.
- Exposure to diverse departments and challenging assignments.
- Ongoing training at Vanguard University®, our on-site educational facility.
- Mentoring relationships with members of senior management.
- Opportunities to build strategic working relationships and a strong network with program participants and Vanguard colleagues.
- Performance reviews and constructive feedback.
The ideal candidate is a graduating senior who possesses:
- A bachelor's degree is required. Majors in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, engineering, quant, or statistics are preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional demeanor with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a team.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top