SVP - Engineering
- Boston, MA
Senior Vice President of Engineering – High-Growth SaaS Leader based in Boston, Massachusetts
About the Role
The S/VP of Engineering-Software will be an experienced business operations and technical leader who is responsible for all aspects of managing Validity’s engineering team and leading it through significant anticipated growth in the coming years. S/he will partner with the CTO and COO to help shape the technology direction of the company and will provide a critical voice in influencing how Validity’s products will impact the Marketing space. S/he will also work with engineering leaders to ensure the engineering team is highly engaged, efficient and delivering world class SaaS products. The S/VP of Engineering’s passion will show in both the product innovation and consumer experience and will inspire peers and teams.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the overall planning, development, and deployment of Validity’s SaaS products.
- Develop and implement an architectural strategy to ensure platform security, scalability, and resilience.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including product management, sales customer success regarding development schedules, backlog, and roadmap.
- Implement engineering best practices to optimize development cycles as well as increase predictability and product quality.
- Manage resources effectively to resolve customer issues immediately without delaying development or overloading development teams.
- Hire and develop top engineering talent. Create a hiring plan that scales the team with the growth of the business.
- Lead the team in a way that promotes failing fast to succeed sooner when generating and testing new concepts.
- Leverage intuition on what works in the marketplace as well as new learnings from customer feedback and field research to iterate and improve the product.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 12+ years of previous software development and engineering leadership experience with at least 5 years of experience leading and scaling software/development engineering teams in a hyper-growth SaaS or product technology company.
- Experience identifying top talent and developing team members.
- History of managing teams by establishing goals, measuring success, and holding team members accountable.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business environment and relevant strategic, developmental, and operational drivers.
- Ability to balance being hands-on with having a 30,000 feet perspective.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and own the success of the products jointly with other disciplines.
- Ability to work within a dynamic, entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science.
For over 20 years, tens of thousands of organizations across the world have relied on Validity solutions to target, contact, engage, and retain customers – using trustworthy data as a key advantage. Validity’s flagship products – DemandTools, BriteVerify, Return Path, Trust Assessments, and GridBuddy – are all highly rated, #1 solutions for sales and marketing professionals. These solutions deliver smarter email campaigns, more qualified leads, more productive sales, and ultimately faster growth.
Validity is a truly unique company - massive revenue growth, top-tier investors, 5-star product ratings, proven ability to acquire and integrate top tech companies and welcome them into the Validity family, winning culture, and a work environment that fosters hard work, trust, and fun.
Validity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top