ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
At US Foods®, innovation and technology is our superpower. By expanding our digital ecosystem and leading with a customer-first mindset, we're delivering technology that empowers our customers and simplifies business. As we transform the digital landscape of the foodservice industry, we're outpacing our competitors faster than ever before.
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of creativity and innovation-and we foster an open, inclusive, flexible work environment that supports our transformation.
The "IT Consultant" will serve as an in-house consultant and advisor to the US Foods' IT function, ultimately enabling IT to deliver integrated, future-proofed, and high-quality solutions and services to the business. This role will sit within the Strategy & Architecture value stream and will serve as a flexible technical resource, who can be deployed as demands arise to diagnose issues and solution for highly complex, at risk, and high priority cross-functional initiatives. Based on their extensive IT background, the "IT Consultant" will support strategic opportunity discovery and intake requests to inform USF IT's strategic initiative planning in line with enterprise-wide USF strategic priorities.
This role is expected to be a skilled technology generalist with diverse experience across business architecture and modern IT practices. Prime candidates will demonstrate intellectual curiosity, a growth mindset, and proactively maintain a broad knowledge of US Foods's changing landscape and USF IT's strategic priorities, Products and solutions, services, customers, and technology environment. Given that "IT Consultants" will be deployed to solution for complex, often urgent issues, this role is expected to be a quick study, who thrives in ambiguity and is an expert change leader as well as communicator. To this end, the "IT Consultant" must be able to identify, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships with key subject matter experts, impacted stakeholders, and relevant C-suite level IT and business leadership-to quickly assess an issue's root cause, connect the dots, and develop an integrated solution that will be successfully adopted.
Flexible Work Policy: The work for the IT Delivery Consultant position is completed remotely anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories. This position will have 20% travel to Rosemont, IL and/or additional locations.
• Act as an internal consultant across IT and the Business - leading analytical efforts by application of extensive IT knowledge to provide insightful issue identification, problem-framing, and data-driven strategic recommendations to relevant stakeholder partners
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key IT and Business stakeholders
• Identify critical data, skillsets, technical subject matter expertise, historical context, and feedback needed for effective root cause analysis and solutioning; engage relevant solution partners
• Lead Root Cause Analysis efforts for complex, high-priority issues to triage pain points and solution requirements by way of closely partnering with identified stakeholders, technical subject matter experts, customers, and business leaders
• In partnership with enterprise business architects and product owners advises the team's decision making on end-to-end process design and makes recommendations on application and system strategies with the objective to build new or streamline business processes
• Coaches product team(s) to understand application interdependency and develop clear documentation in order for interdependencies to be understood by appropriate teams, value stream stakeholders, and business leadership
• Be responsible for turning ambiguous inputs into a realistic roll out action plans and facilitating cross-functional operational readiness to ensure IT and business objectives are met
• Report and present key findings and recommendations to relevant VPs, C-suite level leadership, relevant stakeholders, and program owners to gain buy-in and align on path forward
• Support implementation of designed solutions through requirement documentation and reconciliation to validate appropriate fit; coach IT and business stakeholders to enable them to successfully and consistently drive end to end solution implementation
• Serve as a change leader across IT and the business; advise and coach key stakeholders in developing effective communication, escalation, and change management approach and plan
• Partner with key business stakeholders, leadership, and the USF Strategy function to actively stay aware of internal pain points, market trends, and evolving external regulations and/or policies which could impact IT governance, ways of working, services, and/or Products
• Develop recommendations for scoping and prioritizing intake requests for "IT Consultants" (including, for example, proposed timeline, deliverables and assumptions, resourcing requirements, financial impacts, etc.)
• Support the Strategy & Architecture Value Stream's IT-wide strategic opportunity discovery, planning, and prioritization of strategic initiatives based on learnings from initiatives led
• Lead and mentor other junior "IT Consultants" and in the development of appropriate solutions, deliverables, and understanding of industry best practices/standards
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Internal: IT Leadership Team, C-Suite Level leaders across USF, Product Delivery Leads and development teams within IT, Solution and Technical Architects, Business Stakeholders, USF Strategy team, Corporate Communications, Change Management, Learning and Development, program stakeholders and functional program office, and key USF functions (e.g., Legal, HR, Compliance, etc.)
• 8+ years of experience in IT / technology-related areas
• 5+ years' experience in an advisory capacity (including, but not limited to IT consulting, IT operations consulting, Product/Project management, or process management and improvement)
• Proven experience executing projects, managing stakeholders, and serving as the IT liaison in multiple business functions- e.g., Finance, Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain, etc.
• Strong understanding of common IT infrastructure, systems, and tools, as well as foundational business principles such as finance, strategy, etc.
• Broad experience spanning business architecture, digital technologies, transformation delivery and modern IT strategy
• Strong program management and delivery skills on multiple concurrent engagements; demonstrated ability to translate recommendations and strategic initiatives into actionable plans
• Expert strategic partnering and change leadership skills--ability to connect, influence, and align key stakeholders and SMEs in a matrixed, cross-functional organization to drive integrated solutions forward
• Proven experience diagnosing, analyzing, improving, and resolving issues with minimal information and changing priorities through engaging SMEs and solution partners
• Ability to and experience with confidently and comfortably presenting identified strategic opportunities to C-Suite level stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business, Operations, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Master's degree preferred
• Previous IT consulting experience
• Experience delivering in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $114,100 and $160,000. In New York City, the expected compensation for this role is between $135,700 and $180,000. In California, the expected compensation for this role is between $128,900 and $170,000. In Washington, the expected compensation for this role is between $128,900 and $170,000. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here: https://www.usfoods.com/careers/benefits.html.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status