System Operations Engineer 1
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a System Operations Engineer. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
The System Operations Engineer works with the development teams to monitor and maintain the next generation of cloud based services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create reusable processes and automation to streamline deployment of developed applications.
- Implement networks which will satisfy functional requirements.
- Document and demonstrate solutions.
- Maintain highly available operations with implementation of tools such as Nagios/Zabbix/Puppet/Chef.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, IT or similiar field of study.
- 0-2 years of recent experience working with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS.
- Excellent engineering habits: documentation, maintainability, serviceability, etc.
- A natural problem solver with an ability to support, diagnose and resolve networking related issues.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative agile development environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW Technology Corporation
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top