Software Engineering Fall Co-op - 1700027X
What you will work on:
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing breakthrough connected car services. What is BMW Connected? BMW Connected is a service offering to BMW owners and drivers enabled by mobile applications (iOS/Android) and supported by a series of RESTful web services APIs that we develop here in Chicago’s West Loop. Some of these connected car services include:
- Personalized location based services – first/last mile routing, routing optimizations, on-street parking prediction, personal POI manager, ride/car sharing, etc.
- Personalization by machine learning your driving patterns over time
- Organize your frequent destinations and upcoming trips in one place
- Easily send addresses from your phone to your car from anywhere
- Monitor traffic and alert customers when it’s the best time to leave
- Send quick messages from your car to let them know what time to expect you
- Lock and unlock your BMW, or turn on the ventilation system, from anywhere
We are pleased to offer a part-time Software Engineering Co-op position available in the fall in downtown Chicago. This ongoing position is for up to 20 hours per week.
What you bring to the table:
As a Software Engineer Intern/Coop you will leverage your software engineering skills to design, develop and deploy these cutting edge connected car services. You will work alongside other software developers (both junior and senior level) and be part of a team that works together to ensure features are implemented with robust designs and high quality.
- Pursuing B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent; target graduation date in December 2017 or May 2018.
- Development experience with command of at least one modern programming language and expertise working with mainstream scripting languages (e.g. Java, C++, ASP.Net, C#, .NET, Python, Objective C, Swift, etc.)
- Excellent software engineering skills in: object-oriented design, test driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, etc.
- Creative problem solving skills
- High energy, a passion for software and ability to work in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Local to Chicago area.
A few nice to haves:
- Have code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (send us links!)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- iOS or Android application development
- Cloud services experience (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with Rest API or other service oriented architecture approaches
- Have a passion for cars (you can describe a cars specs from memory)
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top