Software Engineer, ReachNow - 170002E5
Do you want to help define and transform how people get around, visit friends and navigate our ever expanding cities and beyond? Are you excited by the opportunities that urban mobility is creating for millions of people around the world?
Then you need to join the ReachNow team!
Located in downtown Seattle, ReachNow is revolutionizing urban transportation, including innovations in car sharing, ride sharing and reservation technologies and services across 3 major US cities and growing. An internal startup within the BMW family, you will be a part of transforming one of the most historically successful and innovative automotive technology leaders for
the next 100 years and beyond.
We are looking for experienced, confident and collaborative Software Engineers to play a role in the growth, scale and proliferation of the ReachNow services platform.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Platform and front-end development and integration with internal and external products and services supporting end-to-end CarSharing, RideSharing and the promotion and scale of both
- Proactively understand and collaborate on short-, mid- and long-term technology needs from product management, operations, marketing and finance team members
- Act as a core advocate and practitioner of Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Scout opportunities for strategic collaboration with other technology companies and innovation leaders to continuously enhance our services
- Interact with both on-site & off-site developer and QA teams to align quality standards, processes and tools
- Identify, recommend and implement tools, solutions and best practices providing for:
- optimal design and architecture
- code and functionality supporting scale, testability and time-to-market services and solutions
- Support modern platform and service based design principals by continuously seeking architectural and structural best practices
Due to the nature of this role, the Software Engineer is located in Seattle, WA.
Join the ReachNow team of BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Bachelors’ degree in technology based studies (or equivalent mix of education & experience); Masters’ Degree preferred.
- Multiple years (5 – 10+) of experience with digital services, IoT, mobility services or equivalent
- A track record in employing and ensuring industry best practices for software development
- 3 – 8+ years of programming integrated web services and microservices
- 2 – 5+ years of experience with programming data access for applications
- Demonstrable experience or certifications in the MEAN, Python, Django, Java, SQL, NoSQL, AWS and other platform and web service technologies
- Positive attitude, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle, TDD, Continuous Delivery and Agile development practices
- Fluency in service architecture, design, development and integration disciplines (Microservices, SOA/Web Services, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Development Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
- Possession of a valid license to operate motor vehicles
Soft Skills Desired
- Strong commitment and sense of responsibility
- Achiever mindset
- Fascination for new technologies and innovation trends
- Ability to grow social networks and to win others over
- Hands-on problem solving personality and mindset
- Passionate about customer orientation
- Enjoys working side-by-side in an interdisciplinary team
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top