Software Engineer (BMW Technology Office - Mountain View) - 1700028B
Join us and be part in shaping the next era of mobility: connected, electric, and autonomous. The Technology Office in Mountain View is leading BMW’s efforts to develop these areas to craft the next generation of sustainable, high performance driving machines. We look for candidates with a bold temperament to work with us in small agile teams rapidly iterating on new prototypes to advance premium mobility.
The Digital Life Innovations team focuses on applications and services that connect the driver with their car. By focusing our efforts on modern software development, we build custom apps and integrate third party systems to enrich the driving experience. Until the car is a natural and effortless extension of the driver and his digital needs, we are not done.
- Develop customer-ready applications for BMW customers as well as explore and implement new ideas
- Manage software through entire development lifecycle: architecture, implementation, and debugging
- Work cross-functionally with remote internal and external partners around the world
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Track record in at least two customer facing software stacks:
- At least one of the following: iOS or Android software development (Java, swift).
- Familiarity with REST APIs / interface design and web transport protocols (HTTP/S, SSL)
- Familiarity with modern development tools (Git, JIRA, IDEs, etc.)
- Conscientious, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Willing to travel per project needs, occasionally internationally
- Track record in taking a new idea to market
- Experience in Java backend development
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top