Software Engineer 2 - 1700027W
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for talented Software Engineers. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
As a iOS Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing applications and services that enhance BMW’s ConnectedDrive experience. You will leverage your analytical skills, design experience, superior development abilities, and your desire to deliver high quality solutions to create back end systems built for scale, performance and reliability. You will tap into your mobile application development experience to deliver the ultimate user experience BMW owners have come to expect. You will be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performing teams, who continually look for ways to improve their skills.
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent
- 2+ years of development experience with command of multiple modern programming languages and expertise working with mainstream scripting languages (e.g. Swift, Java, C#, .NET, C++, ASP.Net, Python, Objective C, etc.)
- AWS or Azure experience:
- Azure (ASP.Net, C#, deploy/configure SaaS solutions, data warehousing)
- AWS (Java, deploy/configure SaaS solutions, data warehousing)
- iOS application development
- Excellent software engineering skills in: object-oriented design, test driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, etc.
- Creative problem solving skills
- Understanding of how business needs translate into software solutions.
- High energy, a passion for software and ability to work in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Experience with Rest API or other service oriented architecture approaches
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Have code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (send us links!)
- Work with large data sets using Hadoop and mapReduce
- Experience with SaaS applications
- Deliver solutions that used virtual machines, clouds services (AWS, Azure)
- Have a passion for cars (you can describe a cars specs from memory)
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top