Software Developer, Autonomous Vehicle Localization
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Mountain View, California.
The Software Developer, Autonomous Vehicle Localization is responsible for developing core algorithms in the field of autonomous driving, specifically identifying ego-vehicle location/localization from sensor and map data. In addition to algorithm development, the engineer is responsible for evaluating and comparing against algorithms and techniques from other companies, academic institutions and internal (BMW) departments. This position will focus on identifying, evaluating, and developing cutting edge research in the field of machine learning, and transferring this into series development. The ideal candidate will be comfortable reaching out to high tech partner companies, understanding and influencing their future product portfolio, identifying innovative and disruptive technology trends, and pushing these ideas and technologies within BMW. Because of the distributed nature of international development, the candidate must be able to work independently and effectively in a team environment and must have excellent communication skills and an attention to detail.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in related Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 to 3 years previous experience in machine learning.
- Demonstrated technical ability through either significant work projects or capstone-level academic coursework.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to tackle problems alone, and also to work well with internal and external development partners.
- Must integrate well into a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to travel to destinations in the United States as well as to Europe.
- The ideal candidate for this position will focus on software development for vehicle localization and will be/have:
- Well versed and experienced with software and algorithm development.
- Knowledge and/or experience in autonomous vehicle/robotics environment modeling and/or online road models.
- Experience with sensor fusion (Camera, RADAR, LIDAR, Ultrasonic, Maps).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: C, C++, Python.
- Experience in GPU programming.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of ROS andor ADTF preferred but not required.
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and help us define the future of mobility!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW of North America LLC.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top