Social Media Analyst Fall Co-op - 170002CJ
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
If you are passionate about developing and delivering a premier consumer experience by delivering the best software available, BMW has an opportunity that you will not want to pass up. We have several foundational projects underway and more coming, to significantly improve the connected driving experience for our fleet. You get the chance to join in at the early stages, work on v1 products, and materially shape the consumers experience in this unchartered new
We are pleased to offer a part-time Social Media Analyst Co-op position available in the fall in downtown Chicago. This ongoing position is for up to 20 hours per week.
This role will be responsible for conducting social media research and analysis of our BMW Connected App and BMW ConnectedDrive Brand using various quantitative and statistical methods. The intern will be responsible for developing and delivering data driven insights from social media by using our social media software platform, Meltwater.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with marketing and product organization to identify conversational topics related to mobile apps serving the connected drive ecosystem. Topics will include competitive solutions, ecosystem developments and consumer
- Build and maintain social media dashboard report to provide marketing and product management with weekly summaries regarding social media conversations.
- Curate social media data and prepare user comments for text analysis in R.
- Build and execute SQL queries to analyze and retrieve information from corporate databases
- Distribute weekly social media reports for leadership, marketing and product teams providing insight into connected drive applications as discussed through social media including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Forums and Blogs
- Present findings to marketing, product managers and leadership as required.
The output from this internship will provide the organization with analysis on how consumers perceive our digital services as well as those of competitive offerings.
What are you waiting for….jump into the driver’s seat and apply for the Social Media Analyst Co-op today!
- Pursuing B.S. or higher in Statistics, Predictive Analytics, Information Science, Mathematics or equivalent; target graduation date in 2017 or May 2018.
- Formulate complex Boolean Search Queries.
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization using R, Qlikview, PowerBI, Excel, or Tableau.
- Experience in Information Sciences.
- Statistical analysis techniques such as ANOVA.
- Local to Chicago area.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top