Senior Web Developer 1 - 17000204
What you will work on:
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing breakthrough connected car services. What is BMW Connected? BMW Connected is a service offering to BMW owners and drivers enabled by mobile applications (iOS/Android) and supported by a series of RESTful web services APIs that we develop here in Chicago’s West Loop. Some of these connected car services include:
- SDK development so that internal/external partners can use to create connected car features and experiences
- Integration of BMW dealer and financial services networks for around the globe
- Personalization by machine learning your driving patterns over time
- Organize your frequent destinations and upcoming trips in one place
- Easily send addresses from your phone to your car from anywhere
- Monitor traffic and alert customers when it’s the best time to leave
- Send quick messages from your car to let them know what time to expect you
- Lock and unlock your BMW, or turn on the ventilation system, from anywhere
- Show vehicle range, battery status, and nearby charge stations
- Location based services – first/last mile routing, routing optimizations, on-street parking prediction, personal POI manager, ride/car sharing, etc.
Our entrepreneurial culture allows us the flexibility to determine the direction of our product. We have a passion for the products we create and we use those products in the BMW cars we drive on a daily basis just like our customers do. This gives us the knowledge of what our customers want and our teams are empowered to bring those ideas to life.
Perks & Benefits:
BMW Technology has some pretty cool perks and top-notch benefits!
- Employee car program that allows you to drive new BMW’s on a daily basis
- Internal Hackathon weeks where you can dream up new ideas that we can deliver
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life Insurance
What you bring to the table:
As a Senior Web Developer you will have designed, implemented and deployed multiple mobile web applications into a production environment. You will have experience defining and creating an SDK that can be used by others to simply the development of hybrid mobile applications. You have expertise with:
- Single page HTML frameworks such as Angular, Angular 2, Ember, etc.
- Angular2, Angular Material/Bootstrap, Karma, Jasmine, TypeScript, RxJS, WebPack, HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Excellent software engineering skills: object oriented design, test automation, unit testing, continuous integration/deployment, etc.
- Designing and implementation of RESTFul APIs and web services
- Deploying applications into a cloud based environment – Azure preferred
- Dependency Injection frameworks (e.g. dijs, BottleJS, etc.)
- High energy, a passion for software and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of development experience with command of multiple modern programming languages (e.g. HTML/JS, C#, Java, C++, Swift, Objective-C, etc.)
A few nice to haves:
- Full stack web development
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Have code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (send us links!)
- You attend Meetups on a regular basis
- AWS or Azure experience
- Experience with Java/Tomcat application development and deployment
- Azure/C#.NET experience (deploy/configure SaaS solutions, data warehousing)
- Knowledge of C#. NET, MVC5, Entity Framework
- Android or iOS application development
- Experience with MVVM, Reactive Programming (e.g. RxSwift, ReactiveCocoa, etc.)
- Have a passion for cars (you can describe a cars specs from memory)
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top