Senior UX Designer
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a Senior UX Designer. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
The Senior UX Designer is real-world experienced as a team lead responsible for UX design and also for shaping the new digital service based on existing brand guidelines and creation of new ones. The ideal candidate should be an expert in creating design patterns and elements, as well as textures, typography, and the fine details.
The senior UIXDesigner will be able to clearly communicate the thought behind the design, and explore more than one way of doing things.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing for Mobile (primarily), In-car, web.
- Iteration on designs and sharing work-in-progress frequently.
- Flexibility to work with and evolve strong brand guidelines.
- Work directly with front-end developers to bring designs to life.
- Contribute to all stages of design process including: research, prototyping, usability testing, and implementation.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Interface and/or Graphic Design
- 5+ years working in multi-disciplinary teams in an agile environment.
- Impressive visual portfolio, with a demonstrated strong focus on mobile application design
- Proven leadership in communicating conceptual ideas, and design rationale; all within a user-centered design process.
- Experience in planning and leading internal design initiatives.
- Proficiency in current web and mobile technologies.
- Able to work independently and self-motivated.
- A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation.
- Fluency in German is a plus but not required.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW Technology Corporation
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top