Senior Software Engineer
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for talented software engineers. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing applications and services that enhance BMW’s ConnectedDrive experience. You will leverage your analytical skills, design experience, superior development abilities, and your desire to architect and deliver high quality solutions to create back end systems built for scale, performance and reliability. You will tap into your estimation, interface design, and mobile application development skills to deliver the ultimate user experience BMW owners have come to expect. You will champion new ngineering and quality practices, contributing to the growth of high-performing teams, who continually look for ways to improve their skills.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a software developer.
- Command of multiple modern programming languages and expertise working with mainstream scripting languages (e.g. Java, C++, ASP.Net, C#, .NET, Python, Objective C, Swift, etc.).
- Excellent software engineering skills in: object-oriented design, test driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, etc.
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand how business needs translate into software solutions.
- Deep understanding of how to build high-performing software and practical experience with performance analysis and testing.
- High energy, a passion for software and ability to work in a highly collaborative agile environment.
- Passion for working with talented software engineers to help develop their careers.
- Ability to operate efficiently and effectively with minimal oversight.
- Experience with Rest API or other service oriented architecture approaches.
- Have code on GitHub for personal or public open-source projects (attach links!).
- Work with large data sets using Hadoop and mapReduce.
- Experience with SaaS applications.
- Deliver solutions that used virtual machines, clouds services (AWS, Azure).
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top