Senior Product Owner - 17000295
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
If you are passionate about developing and delivering a premier consumer experience by delivering the best software available, BMW has an opportunity that you will not want to pass up. We have several foundational projects underway and more coming, to significantly improve the connected driving experience for our fleet. You get the chance to join in at the early stages, work on v1 products, and materially shape the consumers experience in this
unchartered new territory.
As a Senior Product Owner you will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, translating them into prioritized user stories/epics.
- Own the product backlog with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Work closely with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Effectively communicate product strategy, status and vision.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early stage products and samples.
- Responsible for mentoring Product Owners.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply for the Senior Product Owner today!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 7+ years experience working at different levels in a product development organization.
- 3+ years experience developing and analyzing user stories, epics and/or story boards working closely with business owners, clients, design, and development team.
- 3+ years practicing Agile/Scrum.
- Background in product development and delivery.
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite or similar team-based planning, tracking, and collaboration suite, as well as adaptability to additional tools and processes as needed.
- Ability to translate business requirements as the “customer representative” into Agile prioritizing backlog.
- Ability to mentor.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top