Senior General Accountant - ReachNow
Do you want to change how people get to work, visit friends and move around our growing dynamic cities? Are you excited by the opportunities that having transportation – to drive or be driven – is creating for millions of people across North America and the world? Is helping to design and build revolutionary products inside one of the most historically successful and innovative automotive technology leaders the kind of opportunity you dream about?
Then you need to join the team at ReachNow, offering car sharing and more from BMW. Headquartered in Seattle, WA we are looking to expand our footprint across North America.
With the ReachNow team you have the opportunity to significantly shape the future of mobility.
As the Senior General Accountant you will perform all operational accounting and reporting activities in order to produce all financial statements and regulatory reports for ReachNow as well as all support accounting related project activities.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform the operational accounting (monthly, quarterly and yearly closing process) and ensures completion of the financial statements of ReachNow including cash flow statements.
- Maintain the general ledger system ensuring conformity with accounting standards and AG recommendations. Reconcile sub-ledger to general ledger account balances, maintain and reconcile fixed assets schedules.
- Post Journal entries, ensures timely and accurate reporting in accordance with appropriate accounting standards.
- Support development of accounting policies and procedures, perform internal controls.
- Manage complex intercompany relationship and ensure that all partners are aligned and reconciled.
- Ensure tax compliance and tax reporting.
- Support and test changes in IT systems.
- Support all external and internal audits/reviews.
The Senior General Accountant position is located in Seattle, WA.
Join the ReachNow team of BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Want to be part of a transportation revolution? Join ReachNow’s team now.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or equivalent field of study.
- At least 5 years of experience in general accounting:
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience in accounting system implementation
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Project and time management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational / multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Open minded for innovation and change.
- Fast learner with a start-up mentality.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
- Intercultural experience and awareness.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW of North America LLC.
Back to top