Senior Engineering Manager Operations
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager Operations. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
The Senior Engineering Manager Operations leads and manages the BMW Connected operations team and related functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures appropriate engineering design and implementation to manage the consumer experience as it relates to services reliability and availability.
- Manages technical interfaces to inter-team, inter-org and 3rd party service suppliers.
- Leads services improvement initiatives, driving progress and deliverables.
- Communicates operational KPIs, risks and associated actions.
- Supports engineering development and customer facing teams to deliver a world-class service operation.
- Executes the methods, models and processes which support Dev Ops development practices.
- Leads and mentors a team of Principal, Senior and Junior Ops Engineers who will perform system level operation and support functions.
- Lead execution of 3rd level support for consumer issues and operations related NPS feedback
- Ensures the team meets deadlines and goals.
- Delivers on the execution of internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Drives the adoption of improved technical and engineering processes.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/ Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience working with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or large network systems.
- Experience leading and managing an Operations team.
- 5+ years managing senior/principal level engineers.
- Proven leadership on continuous improvement topics / process improvement.
- Proven people management skills and affinity to mentorship.
- Passion for working with talented engineers to help develop their careers.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top engineering talent.
- Strong project-management skills and proven track record for continuous delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodology and how it can be customized to fit a project team and achieve organizational goals.
- Technical expertise in Network Design and Topology.
- Proven experience in design and operation of cloud networks such as Azure or AWS.
- A natural problem solver with proven ability to support, diagnose and resolve issues in a large scale production environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to bridge the gap between technical and customer facing teams.
- Ability to operate efficiently and effectively with minimal oversight.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW Technology Corporation
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top