Principal Product Owner
BMW Technology Corporation is committed to developing creative, breakthrough connected car services that integrate consumers’ digital lives with their mobility needs. Our teams build these experiences here in Chicago so we are developing a dynamic and invigorating work environment. If you share our vision and are ready to help shape this exciting business, we’d like to learn how your talents can drive excellence in products and processes in the new BMW Chicago Technology Center.
The BMW Technology Corporation, located in downtown Chicago, is looking for a Principal Product Owner. We work on cutting edge connected car services including:
- Early danger warning systems where BMW drivers are alerted via a heads up display
- Foundational autonomous driving platforms including advanced road data collection via our connected cars – IoT
- BMW Connected mobile applications (iOS & Android) involving journey management, time to leave notifications, remote vehicle services, financial services, dealer service integration, etc.
Why Work With Us:
- We get to drive awesome BMW cars!
- Entrepreneurial culture that allows us to drive product direction
- Highly agile working environment with iterative production releases
- Be at the forefront to shape how drivers interact with next generation smart cars
- Hackathon weeks so we can dream up nextgen ideas for the connected car
The Principal Product Owner is responsible for planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, translating them into prioritized epics.
- Own the product backlog with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Work closely with key stakeholders within the organization.
- Effectively communicate product strategy, status and vision.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Be an expert with respect to the competition.
- Take a significant role in ensuring the quality of products.
- Responsible to mentor and manage Product Owners.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- 7+ years working at different levels in a product development organization.
- 5+ years experience developing and analyzing user stories, epics and/or story boards working closely with business owners, clients, design and development team.
- 5+ years practicing Agile/Scrum.
- Ability to translate business requirements as the “customer representative” into Agile prioritized backlog
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep to understand the customer, product, and business.
- Able to focus a team on delivering product in the face of changing and sometime ambiguous requirements.
- Works cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate issues, balance business needs versus team constraints, and champion a great user experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to succinctly distill concepts into PowerPoint.
- Background in product development and delivery.
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite or similar team-based planning, tracking, and collaboration suite, as well as adaptability to additional tools and processes as needed.
- Ability to mentor and lead, including training new or inexperienced Product Owners.
- Master degree/ MBA.
- Automotive experience.
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BMW Technology Corporation
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top