Mfg Engineer Co-op (Fall 2018)
Responsibilities will include the following:
Assembly Planner - Support introduction of new model variants into Production (Process
• Assist planners with all phases of new model introduction.
• Support assembly planners with tool investigation, trials and implementation (Production and COST)
• Learn,introduce, and make changes to BVIS
• Perform, assist line trials with new equipment and fixturing
• Lead projects where coop has experience to be successful
• Train Production Associates in usage of new Tools/Fixture/Equipment
Students can expect to:
• Develop proficiency in ZMD - online central process assembly documentation system
• Develop skills - Problem Solving and Efficiency improvements
• Develop skills - learn BMW SAP system
• Develop skills - learn BMW TAIS
• Develop skills in using DZA and Vis-View
• Develop skills in reading, understanding and implementing engineering releases - DRs; deviations, etc.
Qualifications and experience
MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Have full time status at an accredited four year college or university in the United States
Completed at least 30 credit hours
Able to complete 3 rotating terms for co-op positions
Have at least 1 remaining term in school after the completion of the co-op or internship
Transfer students must have a GPA from current university
Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term
Must have the legal right to work for BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC in the United States
BMW Manufacturing will not provide sponsorship now or in the future
BMW Manufacturing Company is an EEO/affirmative action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top