BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA - 160003B3
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Mountain View, California.
The Data Engineer is responsible for managing large scale data sets, data collection requirements, data processing, and data storage, in collaboration with partner organizations within BMW and external partners. This position will be responsive to both Software Engineers developing algorithms on the data, as well as Vehicle Fleet Managers coordinating the deployment of autonomous development vehicles. The Data Engineer is principally responsible for data availability and data quality.
- Collaborate with algorithm designers to specify required data sets.
- Request specific data sets (driving scenarios) by adding requests to recording plan.
- Collaborate with machine learning algorithm designers to specify requirements on data labeling tools.
- Specify labeling requirements (automatic, manual, categories for labeling).
- Coordinate labeling process with both internal and external collaborators.
- Clean data, remove unusable traces, correct/remove errors.
- Post process data (eg: extract information from vehicle bus data).
- Annotate data to make it searchable in database.
- Responsible for quality of available data and maintenance of groundtruth.
Because of the international development process, the ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and effectively in a team environment and must have excellent communication skills and an attention to detail.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 2 to 3 years experience in machine learning.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Hands-on implementation of projects is required. Interaction with a backend cluster, aggregating data, writing algorithms to analyze and combine the data.
- Self-starter, able to tackle problems alone, and also to work well with internal and external development partners.
- Must integrate well into a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to travel to destinations in the United States as well as to Europe.
- The ideal candidate for this position will focus on software development for machine learning and will be/have:
- Previously worked in large scale deployment.
- Knowledge of Sensor Fusion and Big Data analytics (hadoop, yarn, map/reduce, spark).
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages likes C, C++, Python.
- Knowledge and experience with labeling/annotation frameworks and key players.
- Good working knowledge of Linux.
- Real-time and embedded systems experience.
- Understanding of Caffe or TensorFlow preferred.
- Knowledge of ROS and/or ADTF preferred but not required.
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and help us define the future of mobility!
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Brad works closely with Germany User Interface Teams behind the scenes to heighten BMW’s overall front-end and back-end user experience on mobile devices for drivers.
Back to top