Advanced Battery Technology Engineer (BMW Technology Office - Mountain View) - 94043
BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA
As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker who is passionate about working creatively with data we invite you to join our team in this exceptional development role located in Mountain View, California.
The Advanced Battery Technology Engineer will be transferring leading-edge technologies and know-how from the US into automotive concepts as well as the BMW vehicle development process. The incumbent will be primarily focusing on identifying relevant developments and building hardware and software prototypes in the
field of battery technology. The position entails visualization and realization of applications, gaining support for the latter within BMW, working closely with US high-tech companies / universities / national labs to screen technologies, develop prototypes, manage projects and transfer results to BMW's product development divisions. The incumbent will work with partners to screen and evaluate new material/cell/battery technologies for electrochemical energy storage systems having various ranges of technology readiness levels with a focus on automotive applications and draft recommendations based on the technology evaluation and the BMW strategic roadmap.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Bachelor’s degree required in the area of materials, chemistry or physics with experience in electrochemical energy storage devices (for example: lithium-ion batteries and/or materials).
- Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- 3+ years of recent experience in research and/or development of electrochemical energy storage devices (Academy, National Labs or Industry).
- Prior work experience with multi-partner projects in the field of lithium-ion batteries.
- In depth knowledge of lithium-ion battery technologies.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Retirement Income Account
Meet Some of U.S. BMW Group Companies's Employees
Sr. Technical Instructor
Cesar teaches BMW’s North America entry-level technicians how to master engine mechanical electric systems. He provides technical training on BMW’s many mobile products and processes, preparing teams for great professions.
Back to top