White House reporter
Washington, DC, USA Req #5969
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY is looking for an experienced reporter to join its 30-person Washington Bureau, covering the White House and the Trump administration. This reporter would join a three-person team covering the administration and would focus on bigger-picture enterprise and analysis, while also putting the daily headlines of this newsy White House into context. We're looking for someone who can cultivate sources, develop a beat and deliver stories that resonate inside the beltway but especially in the homes of Americans.
This reporter should be enterprising and innovative, with a range of writing styles and the judgment to know which approach to use with which story. He or she would focus on explanatory, watchdog and storytelling pieces that examine the successes and challenges of the White House and administration. The work will focus on quick-turn analysis, mixed with watchdog and explanatory coverage that sheds light on the workings of the White House the impact on the nation.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about politics and has experience covering the White House.
- Will drive innovative storytelling in all formats, from written word to video, audio and graphics.
- Can collaborate with others in the Washington bureau and across the USA TODAY Network's politics team to identify and execute distinctive journalism.
- Is a team player.
- Has a deep understanding of how to use records and data to answer questions.
- Upholds the highest standards of journalistic integrity and credibility.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume - one to two pages. plus a cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job
- Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you've written, produced, or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top