West HUB Manager, Digital Operations Team
- Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, AZ, USA • Virtual Req #18038
Friday, August 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
News - West HUB Manager, Digital Operations
The HUB manager works directly with newsroom leaders on subscriptions, premium content and breaking news and takes the lead in planning, scheduling, and training for HUB producers. The HUB manager will work directly with newsroom leaders on subscription, premium content, and breaking news. The production team will report to the HUB manager, and they will take the lead in training the production staff and communicating to the team, the West Region editors and newsroom as the HUB continues to add responsibilities.
They will work to grow audiences for the West Region's journalism, both on- and off-platform. Duties will include - digital production, planning, assisting with the optimizing of stories, expanding our best practices, providing direction on coverage plans and reporting on how stories performed digitally. They will work closely with the region and will use data to teach others how to grow readership of our journalism and deepen people's experience of it.
• Participate in daily coverage discussions to help shape coverage that works for off-platform audiences and be a voice for evolving coverage.
• Advocate for the needs of our native platforms and off-platform channels.
• Build strategy plans and establish performance baselines for each plan.
• Work with the Social Media Content Manager of the West to make sure we have social plans developed for our biggest projects.
• Manage our production team and organize the team and newsrooms around digital subscription focus.
• Ensure sites accurately convey our news content in a timely way.
• Use sound editorial judgment and an understanding of our audience to determine story presentation; pick stories, audio, photos and other visual elements to be displayed on our individual stories and sites.
• Help newsroom leaders develop our local voice and content plans for our individual sites throughout the West.
• Coordinate across news, product and business parts of the organization in the West region.
• Educate our West Region newsrooms on our audience to help everyone understand how they come to us and what turns them into loyalists.
• Keep up to date on latest industry trends and make sure we continue to push the boundaries of traditional media coverage.
• Advanced editing and headline skills.
• Experience with art direction and news design for online audiences.
• Advanced knowledge of newsroom workflows and standards.
• Experience with data graphics and third-party mapping tools.
• Proficient in SEO and audience analytical tools, including Parse.ly and Google Analytics, to understand and better serve the digital audience.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.
Back to top