Web Developer - Advertising
Web Application Developer - Advertising
Gannett / USA TODAY is seeking an accomplished and passionate Software Developer to join our existing team in Tyson's Corner VA, contributing to the development of next-generation web platform using cutting-edge technologies. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the entire product development team during all stages of software development. We offer a fun, challenging, rewarding environment and the opportunity to work together with some of the most talented people in the industry. All Gannett initiatives are extremely high profile and must utilize state of the art technologies.
We are looking for a front-end web developer with experience in ad delivery and display, who have a proven track record of building compelling user experiences, to build our platform for cutting-edge ad experiences and contribute creative solutions to the many revenue opportunities. Responsibilities include supporting existing national ad infrastructure, working closely with product managers and designers to turn their concepts into revenue generating products, supporting Application and Product Development teams as they deliver experiences on top of our Global UI, and analyzing and incorporating modern UI technologies as the Front End landscape evolves.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred
- Minimum 3 years software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design, programming and debugging skills
- Google Publisher Tag experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge with one or more Internet ad management or targeted marketing applications (e.g., DFP, 24/7 Real Media, OAS, FreeWheel)
- Rich Media Vendor technology experience (e.g., Sizmek, Celtra, Vindico, Pointroll)
- A passion for creative technology and new media capabilities for advertising
- Experience with Single Page Application Frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.) a plus
- Experience with modern CSS approaches such as SASS and OOCSS a plus
- Experience with Web Components such as Polymer is a major plus
- Experience with Golang is also a major plus
- Experience with client & server side development including consumption of web services
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as GIT a plus
- Strong debugging skills with the ability to work with peers to solve complex problems
- Prior successful experience in media or related industry is desirable
- This position is responsible for the development, testing, release and support of Gannett ad and web initiatives and services
- The ideal candidate possesses an innovative but disciplined approach to technology development, experience with ad delivery and implementation mechanics, and possesses an orientation to successful, on-time, on-budget project implementation
- Keen attention to detail and quality, complying with Gannett's high standard of quality
- Work with other developers, designers and product/business managers to develop new features consistent with product roadmap
- Learn and absorb new technologies quickly, be a strong team player and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands
- Be innovative, contributing ideas and working with constituents to evaluate and propose approaches that balance speed to market needs against processes needed to scale services to all markets and total audience
- Maintain awareness in technology developments that affect either our audience's ability to use our products or extend new product potential
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve desired results
- Passionate about solving problems for users, advertisers and publishers
Top 5 Reasons to work for Gannett
- Fast-Paced, Engaging Projects solve challenging Engineering problems and work with the latest technology every day
- Make an Impact work on an agile Software Development team to create applications used by thousands of clients
- Opportunity play to your strengths or delve into a new technology you would like to learn or both!
- Collaboration team operates like a startup in a collaborative environment, there are no cubicles here
- Work-Life Balance we understand that you have a life outside of work
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top