- Flexible / Remote
Virtual Req #18060
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures creates impactful consumer engagements and experiences through world-class events, promotions, races and technology. We strive to exceed expectations, create unforgettable memories and drive value for our partners while leveraging our reputable institutions, including USA TODAY and more than 250 local media brands. The events and promotions that we build inspire pride in local communities and connect local and national businesses with highly engaged audiences. We are an industry leader and drive results from coast to coast.USATVentures.com
USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures is seeking a Web Designer that functions as part of the Marketing Team. Our ideal candidate has strong knowledge in web and email principles, design, and user experience. The Web Designer reports directly to the Marketing Director and works closely with Event Directors and other members of the Ventures Team. If you think you have what it takes to work with our expanding team, apply now!
- Develops and maintains company event websites
- Creates HTML emails for event promotion
- Implements analytics, tags, pixels and other website integrations
- Purchase/maintain domains and hosting as needed
- Work with company web admin/development contractors
- Stays up-to-date on web trends and techniques
- Supports others in the marketing department as required
- Completes tasks in an appropriate timeframe
- Assists in event execution company-wide as needed
- Manages daily administrative tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Web Design/Development, Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or applicable field
- 1-3years of experience in web design or other related field
- Experience with WordPress, Divi builder preferred
- Knowledge of responsive web/email design and all related inclusions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, Office 365 and Google G-Suite
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and Google Data Studio (Preferred)
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Motivated self-starter who excels at multitasking and is able to work without direct supervision
- Driven team player who's always working to improve themselves and the team
- Willing to assist other teams in the organization and travel to support event execution
- Legal right to work in the United States
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top