- Pensacola, FL
Pensacola, FL, USA Req #10833
Thursday, September 24, 2020
The Pensacola News Journal is currently seeking a part time, Warehouse Worker. This is an evening/early morning position. The individual must be available at any time as the situation
warrants. Job responsibilities include Sunday and early morning deliveries. The Warehouse Worker may also receive work assignments within many areas of the distribution function, which may include transportation, customer service, and re-delivery operations. This position works, nights, weekends and holidays.
In this role, you will:
- Help in the distribution of The Pensacola News Journal and other publications
- Provide for efficient and effective distribution of The Pensacola News Journal and other publications
- Regularly spot check bundles for accuracy, quality, and proper pre-prints within zoned bundles.
- Maintain proper communication, reporting and relations with supervisor, employees, and independent contractors.
- Deliver open/down routes when necessary
- Travel to areas to analyze service and sales
- Oversee all aspects of customer service
SKILLS: MS Office proficiency. Good written and verbal skills. Good communication skills, work in fast paced environment, make quick and accurate decisions in stressful situations. Basic math skills with ability to accurately count product. Knowledge of Escambia County and surrounding area.
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Moderate lifting, 50 lbs.; stand long period of time, bending, reaching, carrying and lifting; repetitive motion; work in outdoor weather
About The Pensacola News Journal
The Pensacola News Journal is proud to be a part of Gannett. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, The Pensacola News Journal is the place to be!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top