Warehouse Handling Operator
- Panama City, FL
Panama City, FL, USA Req #13514
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Material Handling Operator
Gannett Publishing Services
Panama City, FL
The Material Handling Operator is assigned to perform warehouse and/or production support operational functions to support efficient production operations to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
May support all warehouse and production material handling support functions, activities and resources to achieve operational goals.
Warehouse/Material Handling Tasks
- Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s)
- Gather samples, weigh and log incoming preprints according to receiving policies and procedures.
- Comply with pre-print security policies and procedures.
- First-in/First-out newsprint inventory rotation
- Communicate with press, packaging and distribution to verify work center warehouse support needs
- Drive and set-up Forklift and/or clamp truck, including routine inspection & maintenance.
- Set up and basic operation of dock doors and fixtures; fork and clamp trucks, pallet jacks, compactors, and scales
- Load, unload, inspect and stage newsprint, preprints, supplies and other materials
- Document and report all preprint transit or handling damage to packaging management
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management
- Deliver, stage and prepare newsprint rolls as required
- Assist with waste newsprint recovery & recycling
- Assist with pallet organization
- Distribution dock support.
- Assist with inventory, reports & web portal data entry as required
- General warehouse maintenance including equipment blowdown, preventive maintenance, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and materials disposal.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors.
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and warehouse management
- Immediately report equipment issues to management
- Communicate scheduling needs to management and supervisors
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Previous print operation or industrial material handling support experience.
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
- MSDS/hazardous materials training.
- Multi-level vertical storage stacking and staging.
Skills and Traits
- English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good PC Skills including Microsoft Office: E-mail, Excel, Word, warehouse inventory software
- OSHA approved forklift/clamp truck operator training.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top