VP, Digital Media Technologies
Explore the possibilities as a Vice President - Digital Media Technologies reporting directly to the CTO.
We are looking to add an Executive Leader who is a forward thinker, agile, and understands that growth happens through collaborating with diverse mindsets as well as empowering their team. This role seeks an individual who is able to articulate a vision and step outside of their comfort zone by embracing opposing sides for successful digital transformation.
- Technology skills:
- Digital media publishing and content management systems
- Consumer-facing digital technologies (web, mobile web, native mobile apps)
- Application and system development management in an iterative, agile, and fast-paced environment
- Application architecture and design in a complex technical ecosystem.
- Creation, management, and delivery of dynamic content at large scale
- Personalization and recommendation engines
- Content creation and curation workflows and tools
- Digital advertising and revenue systems
- Content Delivery Networks
- Taxonomy, tagging, Natural Language Processing
- Digital audience analytics and instrumentation
- Product / Business skills
- Operate at the intersection of Technology and Product Development
- Consumer digital product landscape
- Digital monetization models and revenue generation
- Act as valued partner and liaison with internal teams such content creators and editors in the newsrooms, as well as marketing, sales, and product development teams.
- Management and communication skills
- Management of team of approximately 50 software engineers, systems architects, analysts, and project managers.
- Translate product and business goals into technical strategy and roadmap
- Vocal and engaged participant in product strategy conversations, with rich understanding of the consumer digital world
- Close collaboration with partner technology teams such as Platform as a Service and DevOps, infrastructure, Data, cybersecurity, and program management
- Attract and retain key digital talent
- Build an engaged and creative team
- 15 years or more of relative work experience within Technology
- 10 or more years of senior managerial experience within Technology, Digital Media/Internet driven business experience preferred
- Knowledge and/or hands on experience within the cloud based platforms, cybersecurity and audience data and analytics
- Experience in large national or international companies with a geographically widespread workforce.
- Demonstrated leadership in executing against strategic and operational goals by managing workflows, allocating resources, identifying gaps and communicating and partnering with key stakeholders.
- Experience with budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements
- Well versed in development of corporate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- BS or MS in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top