VP, B2B Marketing & Growth
McLean, VA, USA • New York, NY, USA • New York, USA • Washington, DC, USA • Virtual Req #14957
Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Vice President of B2B Marketing will lead the overall growth for LOCALiQ, Gannett's B2B Marketing as a Service platform (MaaS), an industry leading growth engine for local business owners nationwide. The overarching growth includes growing the LOCALiQ brand, growing it's subscriber base through data driven in-bound and out-bound marketing as well as growing the subscriber and lifetime value, all in partnership with product, engineering and sales teams.
S/He will be responsible for creating and executing on an end-to-end marketing/growth strategy that ladders up to Gannett's growth goals towards 2025. This includes:
- Brand identity, standards and guidelines, and overall Go-To-Market positioning and articulation of our unique value propositions for each Marketing Solution brand
- Create Demand - Creating new demand across local markets using the power of Gannett's ecosystem of brands and elevating the reach and awareness of LOCALiQ
- Lead Gen - Apply data, analytics and insights to strengthen the in-bound growth funnel across both paid and organic channels
- Subscriber Acquisition & Funnel Optimization - Partner with product to launch new products that can be scaled through an end to end online purchase funnel
- Content and experiential marketing - providing though-leadership value to our advertising customers
- Partner with Sales and Product leaders to execute on the overall growth strategy, optimize towards a product-market-fit and building the foundation for scaled growth
- Building a Community of Local Business users who can share best practices and engage on the LOCALiQ platform and the overall Gannett ecosystem
- Build an underlying growth engine that operates at the intersection of data/science, content, storytelling and creativity
- Strengthen our current experimentation framework, drive the learning agenda that gets us closer to the quarterly OKRs
- Develop insights that inform overall strategy based on measurement and analytics to understand what is working
- Direct the creation and execution of brand identity and standards across all communication channels including sales materials, websites, apps, podcasts, and event marketing
- The successful candidate will have 15 plus years of fast paced growth, brand marketing, advertising, and lead-generation experience building strong brands and engaging experiences within startups and/or large-scale B2C and/or B2B businesses, preferably that have dedicated sales channels.
- S/he will have extensive experience not only in establishing overall brand strategy, but also measured success executing on strategies through brand, digital, content, experiential, and lead-gen marketing, to grow the overall business.
- Specifically, top candidates will have demonstrated experience successfully launching and growing new B2B brands with measured results and possess a proven track record of running an effective lead-generation business to efficiently acquire new customers/clients.
- This senior leader will possess examples of thriving in a matrixed organization, balancing competing priorities while maintaining a tight focus on achieving target objectives. In addition, the ideal candidate can demonstrate they are nimble, results-driven, collaborative and influential to evolve and push the business forward.
- This role requires a creative, yet practical executive who will play an important and impactful role supporting the company's efforts to drive transformation in the face of intensifying competitive pressure in a rapidly changing advertising and marketing landscape.
- Demonstrated responsibility and accountability for delivering significant revenue in a competitive business-to-business environment.
- Strong strategic marketing capabilities, including ability to understand and satisfy customer needs.
- Multimedia marketing expertise, including fluency with digital, social media, and traditional media
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top