Visual Journalist - SE/Augusta, GA
- Augusta, GA
Augusta, GA, USA Req #15766
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Augusta Chronicle, part of of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a visual journalist to help us document the life of the people who live in our community through video and still photography.
This storyteller will capture compelling images for our website, print and social media platforms, as well as be comitted journalist with a nose for news and community engagement.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in the use of DSLR camera equipment and photo/video editing software.Understanding of the ethics of photojournalism.
• Experience covering hyperlocal communities and issues of inequality, strong source builder and networker.
• Proficiency on social media platforms; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Strong communication skills, news judgement and caption writing ability.
• Ability to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently.
• Strong writing, spelling and grammar skills; familiarity with AP style.
• This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
• Employment is contingent on passing a post-offer pre-employment background check and a motor vehicle record check & drug screen (for driving roles only).
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top