Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Seeking a Visual Journalist to create compelling multimedia journalism at this USA TODAY Network daily newspaper and website. The Visual Journalist produces photographs for online and print, photo galleries/slideshows, videos, and writes articles for publication.
Typical job duties:
- Creates visual storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms, determined through the use of digital metrics.
- Connects with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
- Collaborates with reporters to provide the best possible visual elements for key stories.
- Coaches and mentor's non-visual reporters in photography and multimedia skills.
- Works with news director, visuals coach and audience analyst to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Experience with professional photography on multiple platforms.
- Experience building a personal brand on key social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter).
When applying, please include a resume with links to a variety of clips on different platforms.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
About USA Today Network - Tennessee:
We are part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK and among its fastest growing digital news groups. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Tennessee and beyond. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the USA Today Network-Tennessee is among the fastest growing digital news sites and the place to be!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top