Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Commercial Appeal, a USA Today Network-Tennessee newspaper, seeks a multi-platform visual journalist equally skilled in photography and video, as well as experience in social media and writing. The ideal candidate will be equally at home shooting and producing high-quality videos as they are creating robust photo galleries from assignments.
Memphis is home to vibrant food and music scenes, major companies such as FedEx, St. Jude Children's Research Center and Service Master, is a great sports town with the Memphis Grizzlies, University of Memphis Tigers and the FedEx St. Jude Classic, which will become a World Golf Championship event in 2019 and hosts major events including Memphis in May International Festival.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate photojournalist who loves daily and project community journalism.
Job duties include:
- Create visual storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms, determined through the use of digital metrics
- Cover daily assignments including breaking news, community events, high school and college sports via stills and video
- Generate daily enterprise and in-depth visual stories using both stills and video
- Connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
- Collaborate with reporters to provide the best possible visual elements for key stories.
- Bachelor's in Communications, journalism or equivalent in experience and education
- Experience as a professional visual journalist on multiple platforms
- Experience building a personal brand on key social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top