Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Digital Video Producer
USA Today Networks is looking for a creative Digital Video Producer to join the Video Production Center (VPC). The DVP will create, produce and edit video on demand, live video streams and article content for the USA TODAY NETWORK websites and social media platforms. The DVP may produce breaking news, trending news or series video content. Their duties will include generating story ideas, producing videos, writing scripts, finding videos from third party partners, programming videos, assigning others to cover stories and coordinating coverage with the USA TODAY NETWORK. The DVP should be a motivated, self-starter who can multi-task and communicate effectively with Senior-level management, clients at newsrooms across the country and other VPC team members. He/She must be on top of current news events, a talented writer and story-teller, comfortable producing video and supporting articles for desktop, mobile and social media. The DVP will be responsible for managing video packages from start to finish, including writing, video editing and social media optimization. They also will be responsible for providing live video streams for the USA TODAY NETWORK. The DVP is responsible for supervising, assigning and managing the daily work of both Video Editors and Associate Video Producers as well as overseeing the end product. They will ensure that all content is technically and editorially sound. The DVP will review headlines, descriptions, scripts, social posts, blogs and other text produced by the VPC team for factual accuracy, sourcing, balance, libel, tone, errors in grammar, spelling, and style. They will ensure that content is up to date and accurate and editorially sound.
This position will be based at USA TODAY Networks HQ in Mclean, VA.
- Make assignments, supervise and provide feedback on daily work of team members, participate in performance reviews.
- Coordinate live and on demand video coverage with National Desk Managers and leadership of the USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Determine daily live and on demand video coverage to be sure VPC is producing and distributing best content across USA TODAY NETWORK properties, make editorial decisions, manage rights on video content, and be able to create content for a social audience in mind.
- Supervise and Produce live video coverage of breaking news event. Generate story ideas, assign and supervise production of video content.
- Flexible and able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, Journalism, Communications or Liberal Arts
- 5+ years professional experience
- Must have experience with video production and producing video for digital platforms
- Must have news writing or news producing background, a background in editorial decision making is a must.
- Confident navigating social media, including writing, scheduling and optimizing posts and able to create video for different platforms
- Experience producing video for digital platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top