Video Editor, Franchises
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Digital Video Editor
We're looking for a natural-born video storyteller to join USA Today's original video franchise team to create premium content that extends throughout USA Today's Network. The right candidate should be familiar with creating short-form social content, as well as mid-form length videos.
We need someone with a passion for editing videos and working with a team that tells stories across multiple coverage areas including (but not limited to): lifestyle, sports, money, travel and explainers. The Digital Video Editor for Original Franchises will work alongside USA Today's current production staff to edit and potentially produce several videos per day, with the goal of capturing the attention of audiences not just on our site but also audiences across all social media platforms.
We're looking for a candidate who is excited to brainstorm and creating new video storytelling techniques, someone with the unique ability to mix video editing and motion graphics seamlessly, and someone who's a pro with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically After Effects and Premiere. The right candidate will also be a team player with excellent communication skills, is quick to respond to requests and assignments, is receptive to feedback, and is a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Editing original video and photo content using the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Finding and pitching unique story ideas.
• Finding ways to optimize workflow, content creation, and strengthen brand identity.
• Organize and manage media for the Humankind brand.
- 3-5 years of editing experience at an agency, media organization or publisher.
- 3+ or more years of motion graphics experience, specifically with AfterEffects
- Editorial storytelling experience preferred.
- Editing digital video content is preferred.
- Motion graphics experience in creating graphics from scratch.
- Excellent communications skills, online and in person.
- Be a self-starter; someone who can spearhead projects solo but also works well in a team setting, too.
- Works collaboratively with a passionate and highly-motivated team of videographers, reporters, editors and producers.
- Experience using After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Working knowledge of the best types of videos for variety of social media platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects is mandatory.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top