Vice President, Automotive Sales
Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Our iconic USA TODAY Network brand, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam and more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K. and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Each month more than 110 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY Network and Gannett's local media organizations. USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
Reporting to the President of Automotive, the Vice President, Sales for Automotive will be responsible for the creation of the USA TODAY Network Automotive enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail auto industry transformation. The primary focus is to drive sales performance to exceed goals and represent the community by building strategic partnerships that that foster growth of the overall company automotive business in the market place. Accomplished through effective change leadership within a highly consolidated and matrix organizational structure, a strong customer-first focus and by having a firm understanding of the changing digital-media landscape and the opportunities and impacts to our business. The Vice President leads a large, dispersed sales team that delivers significant revenue growth and strategic positioning for the enterprise while developing a strong pipeline of business, executing on existing sales, revenue and relationship management commitments.
The successful candidate will provide inspiring leadership, develop a world-class level automotive sales organization, drive results for clients, and grow revenue within the enterprise automotive market. Has a strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling within a solution based sale. Accomplished change leader who demonstrates flexibility. Highly evolved people management skills with the ability to engage, develop, mentor and lead employees to balance talent strength. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in both "traditional" and "new" media environments. Tasked with building the strongest portfolio in the industry that will provide end-to-end digital marketing, wholesale and commerce solutions for automotive segment customers.
This highly engaged senior leadership role warrants at least bi-weekly travel to other markets. It is preferred that this role resides in a major metropolitan area such at Atlanta, Chicago, Ohio, Detroit or near an airport within the geography of our properties.
- Leadership of the organization and setting the strategic vision, with a primary focus on sales and revenues.
- Lead world class sales and marketing efforts to achieve company objectives. Manage core and new growth revenue streams; guide and motivate the sales team to exceed expectations.
- Attract, retain and develop world class talent that is highly motivated; inspire and expect high performance.
- Practice world-class sales behaviors and utilize salesforce.com in day-to-day management of staff. Utilizes a "playbook" in the execution and development of rigor within sales territories to exceed sales revenue goals.
- Develop a unified sales vision and strategy that increases wallet share and demand for USA Today Network Automotive products and services, and optimizes our go-to-market approach.
- Manage sales pipeline, utilize Salesforce and communicate monthly, quarterly and annual revenue projections to finance and executive team.
- Promote partnerships and collaboration with business leaders and critical functions (e.g. Sales Operations, Product, etc.) and establishes seamless, efficient processes to ensure positive experiences for clients
- Collaborates with the USA Today Network Automotive strategy team to identify and execute forward looking initiatives that commercially enable the enterprise to deliver on the vision of Transforming how the world buys, sells and owns cars.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 15+ years senior sales experience with 10+ years of sales management experience with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement, building and running a large scale nationwide sales organization with an emphasis on the pursuit processes, and managing and advancing opportunities through a pipeline.
- Recognized as a leader in the automotive industry that possess deep relationships and a proven track record of high-performance and consistent results in a senior management role. A keen understanding of both the automotive dealer marketplace and digital media solutions with the capability of connecting audiences and businesses with our suite of digital products and marketing services.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the use of running a sales playbook and solution selling techniques to acquire and maintain customers. Knowledge of the Challenger Selling Methodology.
- Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation.
- Demonstrated track record in recruiting world-class talent, inclusive of world-class leadership and sales teams.
- Expertise with data, insights and the use of analytics and a strong financial acumen. Well versed in the software that supports presenting this data.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50 - 75% of the time.
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top