Truck Driver - Part-Time
- Cherry Hill, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA Req #14470
Monday, March 15, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Truck Driver - (Part-Time)
Gannett Publishing Services
Cherry Hill, NJ
Gannett Publishing Services located in Cherry Hill is recruiting for a part-time Driver. This individual will drive a mix of vehicles ranging from Cargo Vans to 28 ft box trucks. This position involves loading pallets and delivering items to Distribution Centers, drop locations and retail outlets. Schedule can include varied days, hours and shifts from week-to-week including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Responsible for delivery of daily and non-daily products to Distribution Centers, drop locations, carriers, and retailers.
- Load and unload trucks containing various print publications on carts and pallets.
- Complete required vehicle documentation.
- Inspect and maintain vehicles ensuring they are in good and safe condition.
- Help coordinate overall warehouse, press & packaging material handling operations.
- Inspect, operate and maintain forklifts, clamp trucks, vans, pick-up trucks, box trucks & trailers including verification that all equipment safety features are installed and properly functioning.
- Load, unload, inspect & stage newsprint, preprints, commercial print products, and other materials
Valid Commercial Driver's License, ability to drive 28ft box trucks, satisfactory motor vehicle record. Good time management skills. Good communication skills. Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age. Mechanical aptitude preferred. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 1000 pounds and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-25 pounds.
GED/High school diploma
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top