Truck Driver (Part-time)
- Lafayette, LA
Lafayette, LA, USA Req #12856
Friday, December 18, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services, located at Lafayette, LA, is recruiting for a part-time Driver. This individual will drive a mix of vehicles ranging from Commercial Driver License class trucks to pick-up trucks. The position involves loading carts and pallets and delivering items to Distribution Centers, drop locations and retail outlets. Schedule can include varied days and nights, hours and shifts from week to week including weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for delivery of daily and non-daily products to Distribution Centers, drop locations, carriers, and retailers.
- Load and unload trucks containing various print publications on carts and pallets.
- Complete required vehicle documentation.
- Inspect and maintain vehicles ensuring they are in good and safe condition.
- Help coordinate overall warehouse, press & packaging material handling operations.
- Inspect, operate and maintain forklifts, clamp trucks, vans, pick-up trucks, box trucks & trailers including verification that all equipment safety features are installed and properly functioning.
- Load, unload, inspect & stage newsprint, preprints, commercial print products, and other materials
Valid Commercial Driver's License (Class A or B), satisfactory motor vehicle record, Department of Transportation medical card, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required. Basic computer skills including Microsoft office. Good time management skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age. Mechanical aptitude preferred. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 800 pounds and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-25 pounds.
GED/High school diploma
Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred. Minimum two years of experience driving designated equipment.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top