Things To Do and Events Reporter
Things to do and events reporter
The Statesman Journal in Salem, Oregon, is looking for a reporter to join our staff and become an authority on things to do and events in Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. In addition, we need someone who can help us execute our own events and be comfortable in public-speaking roles.
Events is a growing aspect of our business and we want our events reporter to be front and center of this initiative. This will include hosting public forums, moderating panels and being the MC at shows.
If you like to interact with the public and have a passion for engaging with people, you could be the perfect fit for this unique opportunity.
The successful candidate must:
- Be multi-media savvy, having the ability to tell stories through video and photos as well as words.
- Mine public records to stay abreast of what is being planned throughout the community.
- Use metrics to determine which events' content drives the highest community engagement, then look for compelling stories to tell out of these events.
- Go beyond the superficial of who/what/when/where to find and tell the why of what is happening in the community.
- Create topical, relevant and engaging digital content that also can be used in our weekly Weekender entertainment section.
- Plan and execute project-level enterprise stories, photos and videos
- Have experience planning events
- Be comfortable leading small and large group events
The Statesman Journal is part of the USA TODAY NETWORK. We are located in the Oregon capital city of Salem, home to Willamette University, acclaimed wineries, and breweries, with easy access to Portland and the Oregon Coast.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top