Territory Account Executive
The Salinas Californian, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Sales Executive, Territory. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals. This is an outside sales position.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media marketing solutions to the small to medium account sector that make decisions locally, often times with single or few decision-makers.
- Grow market share within an assigned territory through the combination of acquiring new business, activate churn business, and increasing current spend while increasing client satisfaction. Proficient and excels at new business efforts, including cold calling new or churned clients.
- Quickly assess and develop rapport and credibility around customer business needs and goals
- Develop quarterly plans for assigned territory that defines prospecting and new business acquisition, in addition to growing current client spend.
- Manage sales pipeline via SFDC to meet weekly performance metrics.
- Utilize 5 step sales process, packaged solutions and offers to meet client needs.
- Articulate print and digital value propositions.
- Thrive in high activity, dynamic environments with shorter sales cycle and smaller average sales value.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do good here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay and unlimited earning potential.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a topnotch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital marketing expert, and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You are a relentless hunter and have experience in building a book of business from the ground up.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You graduated college with an impressive GPA and an extracurricular life OR have equivalent experience.
- You possess 2+ years of outside sales experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental and Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
About USA TODAY NETWORK:
The USA TODAY NETWORK is the largest local to national media network in the country. Powered by integrated and award-winning news organizations with deep roots in 92 local communities, plus USA TODAY, the multiplatform news network informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its diverse portfolio of digital, mobile, and publishing products. To connect with us, visit http://www.gannett.com/
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top